Israel will see the WAR in Gaza through to VICTORY
By Ted Belman
I was privileged to participate in a conference call with Gen Effie Eitam organized by One Jerusalem. Others on the call included Jerry Gordon, Pamela Geller, Omri Ceren and Anne Lieberman.
We were all wowed by what Eitam, who is on the inner circle of the defense establishment, had to say.
1. Israel will continue with its assault for another two weeks. Rather than enter into Gaza City and fight street by street, Israel will invite the Gazans to leave the city and go to the sand dunes of Gush Katif where a temporary city will be set up for their care. Then Israel will pulverize Gaza City from the air until Hamas surrenders.
2. Israel, even then, won’t rush into a ceasefire agreement but will manage the aftermath carefully. Ultimately IDF will return to Israel.
3. Israel will insist in any settlement that Corporal Shalit be returned.
4. There will be no more smuggling of arms. Period.
5. The Defeat of Hamas will not move the peace process forward. There is no peace process. The Arabs have to choose between the status quo or a fate similar to the fate of Gazans. The Arabs prefer Israel protection to having their own state. Everything is improving in Judea and Samaria and the Arabs know it.
6. Israel is unified and committed to preventing Iran from getting the bomb. From what he said I got the impression that the attack on Iran is not far away hopefully with international support.
7. Bush is ending his presidency as a faithful friend of Israel and an enemy of terror.
If I left anything out I will insert it later.
Here is the AUDIO. The last half is where it really gets interesting.