‘Wake Up America’
Rep. Sue Myrick (R-NC) recently unveiled her “Wake Up America” agenda to a select group of media representatives, including Family Security Matters. Her agenda features a ten-point strategy to alert and educate Americans to terrorist threats posed by radical Islamic extremists here at home.
Rep. Myrick, along with Reps. Bud Cramer (D-AL), Kay Granger (R-TX) and Ben Chandler (D-KY) is a co-chair of the 120-member, bipartisan House Anti-Terrorism/Jihad Caucus, a group that “serves to educate Members of Congress, their staff and the general public about the threats to our country that are fueled by extremist ideologies. The Caucus recognizes that terrorism is not a Democrat or Republican problem; it is a critical issue for all Americans. To this end, the Caucus will facilitate an educational process and healthy exchange of ideas in a bipartisan setting.”
1. Will call for a government investigation of all U.S. military chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
2. Will call for a government investigation of all U.S. prison chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
3. Will call for the Government Accounting Office (GAO) to investigate the selection process of Arabic translators in the FBI and DoD.
4. Will call for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ (CAIR) 501(c)(3) non-profit status which restricts “lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.”
5. Introduce a bill to make the preaching, publication, or distribution of materials that call for the death of American citizens, attacks on the United States Government or Armed Forces, or the financing of the means and/or operations to accomplish these acts, acts of sedition and/or solicitation of treason.
6. Will call on the Government Accountability Office to conduct an audit to verify the total sovereign wealth fund investment in the United States.
7. Will attempt to cancel scholarship student visa program with Saudi Arabia until they reform their textbooks.
8. Will introduce a bill to restrict R-1/R-2 religious visas for imams who come from countries that do not allow reciprocal visits by non-Muslim clergy.
9. Will introduce a bill to cancel contracts to train Saudi police and other security forces in US Counterterrorism tactics until the Saudi’s certify the prosecution of Al Qaeda financiers, like Yasin al-Kadi, and the detention of repatriated Guantanamo terrorists that keep being released into the general population after being “rehabilitated.”
10. Will introduce or sponsor a bill to block the sale of sensitive military munitions, especially Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), to Saudi Arabia.