ADL and AJC put their Jewish Identities on the Street for the Democratic National Committee
Abraham Foxman’s Anti-Defamation League and the American Jewish Committee Have Become Extensions of the DNC
by Bill Levinson
AJC, ADL Co-Sponsor National Pledge Calling for Unity on Israel shows that the Anti-Defamation League and also the American Jewish Committee have put their Jewish identities on the streets to protect Barack Obama from the electoral consequences of his statements and actions toward Israel. We have stated previously that the only legitimate reason for American Jews to support Israel is Israel’s status as a fellow Euro-American free nation, which is the same reason most Americans (for example) supported the United Kingdom against Argentinian aggression during the 1980s. Having said this, it is eminently clear that AJC’s and ADL’s President cannot distinguish between aggressors and victims, terrorists and the victims of terrorists, or free nations and dictatorships.
The pledge, which we reject and denounce with all possible contempt, also calls for the establishment of a Palestinian state, obviously on land now occupied by Israel as a justifiable and natural consequence of a 63 year litany of premeditated and unremitting violence by Israel’s Arab neighbors.
- We want the discourse on U.S. support for Israel to avoid the sometimes polarizing debates and political attacks that have emerged in recent weeks, as candidates have challenged their opponents’ pro-Israel bone fides or questioned the current administration’s foreign policy approach vis-à-vis Israel,” said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. “The last thing America and Israel need right now is the distractions of having Israel bandied about as a tool for waging political attacks.
U.S. leadership in the efforts to achieve an agreement resolving the conflict that results in two states—the Jewish state of Israel and a Palestinian state, living side by side in peaceful coexistence—is more critical than ever.
Let’s take a closer look at Abraham Foxman and the AJC themselves, and how their role has strayed greatly from their original ones to embrace the agenda of the left wing of the Democratic Party. Here is what the AJC has to say about the Second Amendment which pretty much makes it our enemy right now:
- January 11, 2008 – New York – The American Jewish Committee filed an amicus brief with the United States Supreme Court today, asserting that the District of Columbia’s strict gun control laws do not offend the Constitution. The case, D.C. v. Heller, will be the first gun control case before the Supreme Court in sixty eight years.
“Gun control laws safeguard liberty, rather then restrict it,” said AJC General Counsel Jeffrey Sinensky. “Democracy can only flourish when the government is permitted to protect its citizens from harm.”
The amicus brief argues that the Second Amendment does not protect the right to possess firearms for personal use, but rather “was designed to enhance state and local authority to protect life and liberty through the maintenance of militias composed of the local populace.”
AJC filed the brief with a coalition that includes the Anti-Defamation League, American Jewish Congress, National Council of Jewish Women, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
AJC has a long history of supporting gun control laws, including the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, the federal Assault Weapon Control Act of 1989, and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993.
At this point, AJC has very little to say that we or most decent Americans are interested in hearing. In any event, it seems that these “Jewish” organizations support laws similar to the following:
- Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, “The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition.”
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.
The age at which persons could own guns was lowered from 20 to 18.
The firearms carry permit was valid for three years instead of one year.
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition.
Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns’ serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.
On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.
Whether or not one agrees with gun control, and most Americans do not, these organizations’ stupidity should be obvious. No religious identity organization, whether Jewish or otherwise, that wants to unify its members takes either side in a highly polarizing wedge issue of this nature. It may also be noted that the NAACP put itself on the same side of those who once enacted gun control laws to disarm Black people so they could not protect themselves from white lynch mobs.
AJC’s statements on the Second Amendment, along with those of the ADL and Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, are not the only ones that could have come, with at most minor editing, from the same organization that murdered six million Jews during the 1940s. Consider the following statements from Adolf Hitler and Abraham Foxman respectively with regard to the 1915 genocide of Armenians by Turkey.
- “Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?”
“The Turks and Armenians need to revisit their past. The Jewish community shouldn’t be the arbiter of that history nor should the U.S. Congress.”
Abraham Foxman’s Anti-Defamation League: Where “Never Again” is a Slogan
Adolf Hitler believed he could get away with genocide, and his Armenian quote was in the context of his plan to exterminate Polish Slavs to create living space for his Master Race, because little had been said and less had been done about Turkey’s massacre of the Armenians. Hitler WOULD have gotten away with genocide had he not started a war he could not finish, and his equally murderous counterpart Josef Stalin DID get away with genocide of the Ukrainians. It is unconscionable for ANY person with the slightest shred of common decency, much less a Jew, Pole, Gypsy, Ukrainian, or other religious or ethnic group that was subjected to genocide, to deny or even downplay a genocide. Since Mr. Foxman chose to do this, however, perhaps we can help him out:
(1) It did not happen.
(2) The Turks did not know.
(3) The Turks were not there.
(4) The Turks were only following orders.
It is to be remembered that Foxman then fired an ADL director, Andrew Tarsy, who refused to go along with behavior one step short of Holocaust denial (“one step short” because Foxman never denied that Armenians were murdered, he merely tried to derail Congressional recognition of the genocide), after which two other board members resigned in disgust. That’s real leadership, isn’t it?
Mr. Foxman has also turned “ADL” into the Antisemitism enabling and Denial League noting his use of the group’s Jewish identity to whitewash MoveOn.org’s sponsorship of the most vicious imaginable hate speech against Jews (and also Catholics, Evangelical Christians, and others). Foxman also legitimized and whitewashed the prominent racist and anti-Semite (see Freddy’s Fashion Mart, Tawana Brawley, and the Crown Heights riots) Al Sharpton by issuing a joint statement with him.
It is no surprise that ADL and AJC, which seem to have confused the left wing of the Democratic Party with Jewish religion and identity, don’t want Israel to be an issue in 2012. Here is what their President had to say about terroristic violence in the Middle East:
- [Barack Obama]: I recognize how hard this will be. Suspicion and hostility has been passed on for generations, and at times it has hardened. But I’m convinced that the majority of Israelis and Palestinians would rather look to the future than be trapped in the past. We see that spirit in the Israeli father whose son was killed by Hamas, who helped start an organization that brought together Israelis and Palestinians who had lost loved ones. That father said, “I gradually realized that the only hope for progress was to recognize the face of the conflict.” We see it in the actions of a Palestinian who lost three daughters to Israeli shells in Gaza. “I have the right to feel angry,” he said. “So many people were expecting me to hate. My answer to them is I shall not hate. Let us hope,” he said, “for tomorrow.”
In other words, the man ADL and AJC seem to believe is the Jewish Messiah (or else the son of God, aka Franklin Roosevelt in the National Jewish Democratic Council’s Holy Trinity with Lyndon Johnson being the Holy Ghost) cannot distinguish between a victim of intentional terroristic violence and inadvertent victims of shells that were aimed at terrorists. Obama’s inability to distinguish between flat-out right and wrong, and between good and evil, should indeed be a major issue in the next election and we encourage the Republican Jewish Committee and the Emergency Committee for Israel to conduct themselves accordingly.