Al Gore: Greedy Traitor, Liar and Hypocrite
Laura: A traitor for selling out America to muslim interests and admitting he has more in common ideologically with this jihadist network then to patriotic Americans like Glenn Beck, who he refused to sell the station to on the grounds that Beck doesn’t share Current’s ideology. But obviously al jazeera does. What does that tell us about Gore and his partners? Al gore, a liar who made millions on the global warming hoax. A hypocrite for making sure the sale occurred by Dec. 31 so that he would not be subjected to the capital gains tax increase even as he has advocated the wealthy pay their “fair share”. And finally an antisemite for helping promote a steady stream of vicious anti-Israel lies and propaganda to American viewers that will assuredly be featured on the al jazeera owned Current TV.
Al Gore TV Becomes Al Jazeera TV
By Daniel Greenfield, FRONT PAGE MAG
So smoothly does the transition of a liberal propaganda cable news network that no one watched proceed to an Islamist propaganda cable news network that no one watches.
Al Jazeera is a propaganda network for the Qatari tyranny which has a hand in backing every Islamist terrorist group from Hamas to Al Qaeda.
Qatar has enough money to burn that it’s decided that it wants a finer control over the liberal message with its own ‘left of left’ news network. Considering that Current TV was meant to appeal to lefties in that sweet spot between MSNBC (too right wing) and RT (too crazy), this is a tricky balancing act.
Al Jazeera is finalizing a deal to take over Current TV, the low-rated cable channel that was founded by Al Gore and his business partners seven years ago.
If the deal is completed, Current will provide the pan-Arab news giant with something it has sought for years: a pathway into American living rooms. Current is available in about 60 million of the 100 million homes in the United States with cable or satellite service.
Rather than simply use Current to distribute its existing English-language channel, called Al Jazeera English and based in Doha, Qatar, Al Jazeera will create a new channel based in New York, according to people with knowledge of the deal negotiations. Potentially called Al Jazeera America, roughly 60 percent of the programming will be produced in the United States while the remaining 40 percent will come from Al Jazeera English.
Al Jazeera may absorb some Current TV staff members, according to the people, who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But Current’s schedule of shows will most likely be dissolved in the spring.
The plan will bring Al Jazeera, which is financed by the government of Qatar, into closer competition with CNN and other news channels in the United States.
I don’t see this as competition so much as Al Jazeera creating its own RT and PressTV, except with a bigger presence on American airwaves. But Current TV had a limited presence to begin with. And there’s no serious reason to think that Al Jazeera America will do much better than the BBC, from which it was originally born.
Like RT and PressTV and Xinhau, Al Jazeera is regime propaganda. The difference is that American leftist media has decided to ignore the fact that Al Jazeera is just another network owned by a totalitarian regime looking to spread its propaganda. Maybe now they’ll be forced to stop ignoring it.