Whatever Saudis want, Saudis get
By Ted Belman
I recently disclosed The Vast Power of the Saudi Lobby. Now I want to provide a list of what Saudi Lobby (money) achieved.
- In ’48, US imposed arms embargo on Israel
- In ’56 Israel forced by Eisenhower to retreat from Sinai
- Prior to ’67 War, Johnson promised Nasser to supply him with intelligence
- In ’73 war, Kissinger withheld resupplying arms to Israel so it would get “a bloody nose”
- When Israel turned the ’73 War around, Kissinger insisted that the Egyptians be allowed to “save face”
- Shortly thereafter, the oil embargo and quadrupling of prices brought the Europeans and Americans to their knees. A deal was cut whereby they agreed to back the Arab narrative and to reverse the results of the ’67 War
- Kissinger agreed to shrink Israel back to the pre ’67 lines and to back the Palestinians as a means of doing it.
- Carter backs Sadat’s demand that “every inch” of Sinai be returned in exchange for peace.
- Carter backs the idea of a Palestinian state and worked to give the PLO the dignity of a government in exile. He also enabled them to get observer status at the UN and enabled Arafat to address the UN with a gun on his hip.
- In 1978, when Israel tried to defend itself from PLO terrorist attacks coming from the PLO bases in southern Lebanon, vigorous US pressure forced the Israelis to back down.
- In 1981, against Israeli objections, Ronald Reagan pushed hard for a PLO state in the West Bank and Gaza.
- In 1982-1983 the Reagan administration rushed into Lebanon to protect the PLO from being destroyed by the Israelis, after the Israelis invaded Lebanon once again to protect themselves from PLO attacks against Israeli civilians in the Galilee. The US exerted very strong pressure on the Israelis to back down, and then provided a military safe passage for the PLO so that they could make their new home in Tunis.
- In 1987-88, the PLO launched the First Intifada in the West Bank and Gaza. The US cooperated closely with the effort to blame the First Intifada on supposed Israeli brutality, and to use the accusation as a reason to advance the project to create a PLO state in the West Bank and Gaza.
- Together with Saudi Arabia the US trained and backed al Qaeda as an instrument in defeating the USSR in Afghanistan.
- In 1989, with Dick Cheney leading the charge, the US began supporting a PLO state in the West Bank as supposedly the â€œonly solutionâ€ to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- In 1991, a critical year, George Bush Sr.â€™s administration literally forced the Israelis — with threats — to participate in what became the Oslo so-called â€˜peaceâ€™ process, the purpose of which was to bring the PLO out from Tunis and into the Jewish state, where it would become the government over the Arab population living in the West Bank and Gaza.
- In 1994, the same year that Yasser Arafat was given a Nobel Peace Prize (!!), and which saw the debut of the Oslo â€˜peaceâ€™ process by bringing the PLO into Israel, Bill Clinton’s CIA was training the PLO.
- Ever since, the US and the EU restrained Israel’s self defense by accusing it of an excessive use of force and they turned a blind eye to all PA violence and incitement. It all served the purpose of shrinking Israel as demand by the Saudis.
- During the 90′s the US did the bidding of Saudi Arabia in creating Muslim states in Bosnia and Kosovo just as they are creating a Muslim state in Judea and Samaria
- The Mitchell Report recommended a freeze on settlement which went beyond Oslo.
- Res 242 stands for the proposition that Israel is entitled to remain in occupation until it received recognized and defensible borders. The Roadmap, introduced the Saudi Plan which negated defensible borders and kept alive the “right of return”.
- Within 24 hours of the attacks on 9/11 by 19 terrorists of which 15 were Saudis, the US assisted Saudi VIP’s to fly out of the US while no one else could fly. Compare this to the fact that Pollard can’t get out of prison after 20 years.
- Not only has the US tolerated the spread of Wahabbism around the world it has enabled it to take over the Muslim community in the US. The US has given legitimacy to it and its representatives and to the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Now the US is pushing Israel to totally capitulate to Saudi demands while being silent on what is expected from Saudi Arabia.
NOW YOU TELL ME WHO HAS UNDUE INFLUENCE, THE ISRAEL LOBBY OR THE SAUDI LOBBY?
For a more detailed discussion see HIR‘s Understanding the Palestinian Movement